 Robotics / Handy Board / 2954
2953  |  2955
Subject:
IR devices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 18:49:01 GMT

I recently opened up a mouse (the computer kind, not the live kind) and
found what I assume to be 2 IR shaft encoders which it uses to translate
the direction you are moving the mouse.  Is there a way that I could remove
them and turn them into shaft encoders for the handyboard?

I don't want to take the time to describe how they are layed out on the
PCB, but I assume it's pretty standard, so pop open your mouse if you need
the visualization.

Any info about this would be greatly appreciated.

It also had a IC labled: e-cmos ec3568a1 9534.  Do you think I would need
the chip as well?  In other words:  are the ir devices directly related to
the IC?

Thanks!

Jeremy