 Robotics / Handy Board / 2942
2941  |  2943
Subject:
setting config reg with Win95
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 16:56:45 GMT

We are currently building a dozen Handy Boards here at
the Missouri Area Robotics Society (MARS).  Everything
is going very well for us, except for the members who
are using Win95.  The problem has been getting the
config register set to 0xC0 with "hbdl".

The only solution we have found is do the initial
download using plain "dl" running directly under MS-DOS.
After "dl" does the initial configuration of the reg to
0xC0, then the Win95 version of the downloader "hbdl"
works fine for subsequent downloads.

This appears to be a bug in the "hbdl" downloader.

If someone can suggest another work around for doing
the initial configuration under Win95, rather than
having to find access to a MS-DOS machine, we would
be most appreciative.

    Rick Moll
    President, MARS
    http://mars.wwt.com:3000/