 Robotics / Handy Board / 2935
2934  |  2936
Subject:
Intial Download Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:28:30 GMT

Fred and others,
I wrote before saying that my HB is not able to execute IC.  Fred wrote back with the idea of it being related to the 68HC11, the memory or the 74HCs.  Since I am not the richest of all college students, I am not able to just buy a bunch of new parts to find out what is wrong.  Is there any way to narrow down the list of what could be wrong?  One important piece of the puzzle is that I am able to get the bootstrap loaded and pcode_hb.s19 when using dl~ not dl.  Is there any reason for this?  Are they different downloaders all together?  When using dl~ I get the message that the bootstrap was successful and the Done message when loading pcode_hb.s19.  It is not until I try to run IC that I have problems.  Everything looks OK at first, until it says pcode version 0.0 found on the board and pcode should be redownloaded.  It seems to me that the memory could be at fault or whatever it is that holds the contents of pcode_hb.s19.  I would be appreciative of any information that co!
uld help me.  Thanks for your time.

Please send replies to:  WL571236@ENGR.COLOSTATE.EDU

Wil Lundberg