 Robotics / Handy Board / 2916
followup: Initial Download Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 12:25:36 GMT

just to add a bit, the chips that can be bad if you can't bootstrap
are the 6811, the RAM, the 'hc04, and the soldered-down 'hc373.

If you have any easy way of swapping first 3 of these 4 these chips,
try it.

Fred

you easily could have blown chips if the vreg was shorted.  then
you're putting the direct batt voltage into the chips.  just about any
chip could be blown.

sorry for the bad news!  i'd try ordering the socketed parts from
jameco and swap chips.

fred

I have had my HB for more than a year, and have had no problems with
it at al l, until now.  The first problem was that I would fully
charge the battery, but when I removed the Charger, the HB would suck
all of the power within fifteen minutes.  Then a little bit later, I
couldn't use the normal dl that I have bee n using.  I still have the
freeware version 2.853 of everything.  Then I found out that if I used
the dl~ to download pcode_hb.s19, everything would be all ri ght.
When I used the dl, I would get the message that 150 expected, 49
receive d or something along those lines.  But now I fixed the problem
of the large dra w of the HB (two of the leads of the voltage
regulator were touching each other ), but not even the dl~ downloader
works.  Well actually it works, it gives me the initial bootstrap as
succesful, and then downloads pcode_hb.s19.  But when I go to run IC,
it says that pcode version 0.00 is found, and that I need to re
-download pcode.  Does anyone have any idea!

  on what could be wrong?  Is there some more tests that I could administer • ?

If you have any suggestions, could you write back to me at:  WL571236@engr. • co
lostate.edu

Thank you very much, Wil Lundberg-