 Robotics / Handy Board / 289
288  |  290
Subject:
h-bridges, current info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:46:49 GMT

I'm trying to figure out a couple things.  First, can four NPN
transistors be used to form an h-bridge?  I was looking in a book, the Robot
Builder's Bonanza, which features a circuit which uses four TIP41
transistors.  However, don't most h-bridges use two PNP and two NPN
transistors?  What's the difference in the two designs?  I was reading over
the article on h-bridges just posted, and found it a tad confusing, as the
diagram was incomplete...

Second, what's the maximum current the handy board can provide
through its motor power connector?  Surely someone knows!