 Robotics / Handy Board / 2752
Re: LEGO motors and the handyboard ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:23:29 GMT

Cutting the trace is only ONE solution! I had the same problem and did not
consult the handyboard FAQ on the web. This FAQ gives you some options if
you don't want to damage your board. Another solution is to use your own
custom H-bridge, or do like we did. This is also in the FAQ: get another
14 pin dip socket an bend the motor supply pin up, (I believ it is pin 7,
the same pin metioned below). Then put a separtate battery on that pin and
common ground the battery to the HB. Now the L293D gets motor current from
your battery and it is not destructive to your board.

jm