 Robotics / Handy Board / 2696
2695  |  2697
Subject:
motor drivers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 21:07:57 GMT

Hi all,

I suppose that this is really a Mini Board quesiton, but it involves
L293D motor drivers, so here goes.  The Mini Board manual says that the MB
accepts DC power supply of 6-36V.  I was using power ranging from 25-32V to run
one, and the L293Ds fried.  Is the 36V rating applicable to the entire
assembly, or do the motor drivers have their own voltage limits?  I don't think
that my application has enough muscle to fry them with high current draw alone.
So are the L293Ds up to the task of 36V, or did they fry for some other
reason?

Thanks,

David