 Robotics / Handy Board / 2693
2692  |  2694
Subject:
Pic board onto handyboard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:50:31 GMT

Dear Handyboarders

Some time ago I bought a toy that runs off 2 - 1.5 volt batteries. The
controller board has a PIC on  it, control of the toy was via a TV remote, and
it ran two separate motors for the drive train. There is also an on/off switch.

My question - I want to make use of the program in the PIC and will like to
incorporate the PIC board with a handyboard. Is this possible? I am really short
on electronics understanding - but I do know I don't want to smoke my
handyboard!

I am hoping that the PIC board could get power from the handyboard. Is it
possible to have the handyboard transmit I.R. controls to the PIC board instead
of the TV remote?

I would appreciate any comments or assistance.

Sincerely

Michael