 Robotics / Handy Board / 2672
Re: Help!!!! Handy Board Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:48:42 GMT

I am going to guess this is a software problem on the PC side.  If you
can boot your computer in DOS mode, try running IC then.  Or find an
older box :-(.

Freeware DOS IC is known to have serial line comms bugs with some fast
machines.  NT can't be making things better.

Sorry,
Fred

In your message you said:
Hi!

I'm currently assembling the handy board, and i got to the stage where
i have the bare minimum to run IC.
The problem starts when I try to send commands from IC (ver 2.851) to
the handy board (running v 2.81).
About 85% of the time i get the following errors:

Ex:

C> 1+2;
Downloading 7bytes (addresses C200-C206) 7 loaded
Board sync error:looking for prompt, got 253
Synchronizing with board
Board sync error:looking for prompt, got 253
Synchronizing with board
Returned <int> 8194
COMPILER ERROR! 65282 extra bytes left on board stack

I'm using a Pentium Pro running Windows NT 4.0. I have no problems
downloading the bootstrap and the pcode_hb.s19.

After reset the handy board responds with the IC welcome message and
heartbeat! Sending a printf function causes the above errors to occur
but the Handy board displays the sent message correctly on the LCD!

I 've also tried sending functions that do calculations and display the
answer on the LCD The answer is displayed corectly on the LCD but
still get the sync, and compiler errors!

While other times no errors occur!

What could be the problem? Software or Hardware!

Thanks:-)