 Robotics / Handy Board / 2624
    Lcd —Joe Martin
   Can anyone tell me the relevent information for choosing an LCD?I want to change mine for a backlit one and would like to make as few modifications as possible so I think I need to know pin outs(is that all?) and I may have to supply an extra +5v (...) (27 years ago, 18-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Lcd —Fred G. Martin
   (...) there are 3 kinds of backlighting * LED * electro-luminescent (EL) * cold cathode florescent tube LED and EL are thin panels behind the LCD glass (tho they do add thickness to the final unit). florescent is miniature lamps that go along one or (...) (27 years ago, 18-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)