 Robotics / Handy Board / 2612
2611  |  2613
Subject:
type conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 15:41:32 GMT

Hello,

Does IC do type conversions like C?  More specifically, if I have a
persistent int that needs to become a global float to be used by a function,
can this code do the conversion?

persistent int ifactor;
float factor;

void foo(void)
{
ifactor = 10;
factor = 1.0 * ifactor;
}

Or, is there any more slick way to do this?

Thanks,

David