 Robotics / Handy Board / 2607
Re: your mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:42:54 GMT

On 12 Aug 1997, Colby N. Leider wrote:

I was charging my HB the other day, and suddenly, the two resistors right by
the yellow "charge" LED on the serial interface ckt. went up in smoke.  Has
this happened to anyone else?

Yep.  You used the wrong phone cord between the HB and the serial
interface board.  Fred recently answered that question on this group, I'd
direct you to the archives of this list but I don't know where that is.
The phone cord, I *think*, is supposed to be the same as those curly ones
that connect the phone handset to the base.  The regular flat cord that
connects the phone to the wall is the wrong type.  Fred, correct me if I'm
wrong.

* Michael L. Ross/C33 | Lockheed Martin Eng & Sci Svcs Co. ****
* Robotics Department | 2400 Nasa Rd. 1, Houston, TX 77058*****
* (281)333-7094; (281)333-6071 fax*    #include <disclaimer.h>*
* Finger me for my public key.  mross@outland.jsc.nasa.gov ****