 Robotics / Handy Board / 2583
Re: Servo as drive motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 22:29:07 GMT

defreese@gate.net wrote:

        I have modified and connected 2 servo
motors to the handy. The speed of one is much
slower than the other. I swiched the motors around
(first in Port (0),and (2) ) and then the reverse
and the same motor is slower ... could I have fried
the caps on this --the slower motor or are servos
just this much different in speed.
Also I am operating them directly into the board
wo/ an H-bridge or anything else.

Because the servos are closed systems they don't have a
hard requirement that their motors run at the same speed,
however it would affect the slew rate which is spec'd so
they have to be reasonably close. If you zapped the capacitor
and turned it into a resistor you would know (it gets hot)
but it is also easy to replace. Use a 100v ceramic caps
since the flyback spark can have a high voltage.

--Chuck