 Robotics / Handy Board / 2575
Re: Obtaining the Handyboard in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 16:21:02 GMT

John Hatton wrote:

I have check with Customs & Excise in the UK and they say that there
is
no ?145 limit so obtaining the board from Hong Kong seems like a
better

I too talked to Customs and they are typically confused and confusing
about import tariffs and such. I was told that the limit was £19 for
what that is worth.

I would probably just order the damn thing and see what happens. Tax
probably won't be crippling and, depending upon packaging etc, I doubt
it would even get noticed.

Let us (in the UK) know how you get on. I may well want to order a few
more.

Peter.Harrison@cannock.ac.uk
Cannock Chase Technical College