 Robotics / Handy Board / 2562
    3V motors
   Mike, I had a similar problem and the solution is not to put a resistor in series with the motors. With the varying amount of current a motor draws, the voltage drop across the resistor will vary as well and the motors will not see a consistent 3V. (...) (27 years ago, 5-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: 3V motors —Jeffrey Strauss Morehead
   I too had a problem with 3 volt motors. The issue is the height of the PWM output. If you drive your motor function at 50%, then 50% of 9.6V is still much higher than the 3 VDC for full speed. One way to get some resolution is to modify the supply (...) (27 years ago, 6-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)