 Robotics / Handy Board / 2561
  3v motors

I have a cute little tracked robot base i want to run from a handyboard, but the problem is that it has 3V motors. The handyboard is set up to power 9v, right? The way i see it, i can either just put a resistor in series with the motor to drop the (...) (27 years ago, 5-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 3v motors

If you try to regualte the voltage to 3V You will still loose the extra power as in using a resistor. You lose it in the form of heat to be specific. Using a regulator will give you the 3V you need at continuous output. I'm not sure how voltage (...) (27 years ago, 7-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 3v motors

With the modification mentioned in the the FAQ, can you power 3V motor at 3V with external power? The FAQ mentions external 6-36V and L293D spec sheet says that the minimum Vs is Vss (which has a minimum 4.5V). The modification doesn't change Vss, (...) (27 years ago, 7-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 3v motors

Yes Vs should stay at 5v, but if you read my original message the best thing is to use 9.6 volt motors!! Save yourself some trouble! jm (...) (27 years ago, 7-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 3v motors

Yeah, you're right. I hadn't realize that constraint of the L293's. Sorry :b ---...--- ericson mar Master of Engineering Candidate Project: Mobile Robotics mar@cooper.edu (212)353-4356 Department of Mechanical Engineering The Cooper Union for the (...) (27 years ago, 9-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  More juice

Can you parallel a 9.6v eight pack NiCad cell to the HB Nicad pack? Has anyone done this with success? If so, does it charge properly? jm (...) (27 years ago, 11-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: More juice

This subject was discussed some time ago. The discussion yeilded the following: When you put two batteries in parrallel on paper, the voltage is exactly the same. In real life, the two bateries will have slightly different voltages and one will (...) (27 years ago, 14-Aug-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)