 Robotics / Handy Board / 254
Re: hooking up to R/C car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 16:57:42 GMT

I'm going to look into getting the RC IC's later today- but in case the
search doesn't pan out for some reason, I'd still be happy for more
suggestions for other approaches or comments about the two schemes outlined
in my original post.

A really wild/money is almost no object idea would be to get
electronic speed controls from radio controlled cars.  These things
can control up to several tens of amps continuously.  You can control
them like controlling a servo.

Their cost is from about $40 to $200 depending on features.  Actually
the lower priced ones might be more suitable for this application
(forward reverse).  The more expensive ones don't always have reverse,
but are into regenerative braking.

--
tgb@bnr.com