 Robotics / Handy Board / 2433
    Mars rover —Church, Steve (mailhub)
   Having seen pictures of the Mars rover I am intrigued as to the mechanics of it. Does anyone know of where to get any details of such things as drive system and suspension. I don't have a few million dollars to make one but there may be some useful (...) (27 years ago, 7-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Mars rover —Mike Ross
   (...) Well, the wheels are each driven independently by an internal motor. The rocker-bogie suspension is self-evident, but of course it works best if the wheel and motor sit out at the ends of the suspension. That means six motors. (...) I haven't (...) (27 years ago, 8-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)