 Robotics / Handy Board / 2424
    Re: voice synthesis —Fred Cass
   Jeff, JDR Microdevices sells the General Insturments CTS256AL2 chip (GI8642CAA) for ** $4.95 **. This is (I think) a slightly newer version of the same chip that Radio Shack used to sell. I bought one of those with an order from JDR, but haven't had (...) (27 years ago, 5-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: voice synthesis —Chuck McManis
   (...) This is the text-2-speech chip, but it doesn't include the allophone synthesizer (SP0256) so unless you have an allophone synthesizer this won't do you much good. --Chuck (27 years ago, 7-Jul-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)