 Robotics / Handy Board / 2424
Re: voice synthesis
Newsgroups:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 05:05:58 GMT

fcasshb@usa.net
----
From: Jeff Keyzer <jkeyzer@ucsd.edu>
To: Fred G. Martin <fredm@media.mit.edu>
Cc: Handy Board <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Date: Thursday, July 03, 1997 6:20 AM
Subject: Re: voice synthesis

At 08:38 AM 7/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
All in all, it's a pretty awesome little board for US$150.  I don't
know of anything else like it on the market.

Wow, impressive board.  However, it's a bit out of my price range - I was
hoping for a solution just about as cheap as the Radio Shack one used to
be.  Quality of speech isn't that much of a factor, I'm merely going to try
and put this thing on the web and bug my roommates with it.  :-)  I'll
contact RC, though, and see what they've got, hopefully I can come up with
a cheaper voice synthesis chip/board.

Jeff Keyzer
UCSD EE Major
jkeyzer@ucsd.edu