 Robotics / Handy Board / 2385
Re: No messages since May 5,1997
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 15:33:49 GMT

I have not received any messages from [handyboard] since May5, (exactly the
date when my credit card was charged $100 for the professional copy of
IC3.1).

Dear Alex,

If you have not been receiving messages from the Handy Board list then it
is likely to be the simple case of your mailer bouncing a message and my
removing you from the list, as per the stated policy.  I frequently and
without ceremony remove persons from the list upon receiving mail system
notices of undeliverable mail.  As you might imagine, there is no way to
inform the person that they are being removed, since mail to them is
bouncing.  If you wish to be added back to the list, please let me know.

(The fact that your credit card was billed for your IC purchase on the
same date you stopped receiving Handy Board mail is surely a coincidence,
since I am the sole person responsible for maintaining the mailing list,
and I have nothing to do with commercial sales of IC.)

I also have not received any printed manuals (promised just after May 5th)
and my questions about the manual and support directed to Micro Digital
remain unanswered. I also have not received any receits for the purchase of
the package, so for our quartely tax report I will have to fill some IRS
forms. If Digital Macro wants to explain to IRS why they do not supply thir
customers with receipts..

This I am sorry to hear.  As has been noted on the "Get Your Hands on a
Handy Board" suppliers page, several people reported lapses in service
from Digital Micro during the month of May.  Early in June, DMS sent a
letter regarding this, which is also available from the web page.  I had
hoped that such problems had been resolved.

Any insight on what is going on?
I understand that IC3.1 is not directly supported by you, but you may have
heard something...

I do appreciate your letting me know about your service experiences with
the Handy Board suppliers.  Regarding the particular issue of your not
receiving a manual nor an invoice for your IC purchase, please let me
know if you are still unable to receive a proper response to this from
Digital Micro.  If there is a persistent pattern of problematic customer
service, I maintain the privilege of discontinuing a vendor's
"recommended" status.

Regards,
Fred Martin