 Robotics / Handy Board / 2333
Re: NiMH batteries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 01:59:57 GMT

Does anyone know if NiMH batteries suffer from the memory effect?
Well, that is one of the great benefits of NiMH batteries is that they can be
charged without ever having to completely cycle them.  They are really
convienient in Cel phones since you can use a trickle or 'zap' type charge on
them no matter what their current charge level is.  And they never build up a
memory like nicads (at least not nearly as bad).  I am not an expert on
batteries by any stretch of the imagination, but this has been my experience
(working for manufacturers of hi-end laptops (DEC, NEC), and working for cel
phone companies....)

-=Fred Cass=-
fcasshb@usa.net