 Robotics / Handy Board / 2238
Re: Vector 2x giving me lots of trouble...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 13:42:15 GMT

F> Hi all, I am having lots of trouble with the vector 2x
F> compass. Sometimes it seems to work fine. Other times it just
F> ouputs zeros (like someone else was saying...). I checked all
F> the physical wiring, and that seems to be fine. The strange
F> thing is that half the time, it ends up hosing the hb pcode, and
F> then crashing IC31. This of course only happens with doing things
F> related to the compass. I'm using the code that I think Tom
F> B. wrote and is posted on the HB homepage. It seems as though
F> perhaps the IRQ driven routines are interfering with IC, or are
F> perhaps writing garbage out to the wrong places in memory. Any
F> ideas? Thanks, Fred Cass-

I'll be honest, I havn't used IC3.anything, so I don't know if that
would be a problem (I doubt it).

I don't know if you saw the mail I sent out last week or not, I made a
mistake in the schematic, and the M/S pin needs to be grounded to get
the compass in master mode.

The interrupt routines I wrote do suck a bit of life out of the HB,
with the compass running at full speed (5Hz updates), the CPU will
spend a couple milleseconds handling the output of the compass.

I guess I have never had the compass crash the whole CPU though.