 Robotics / Handy Board / 2210
2209  |  2211
Subject:
clueless programmer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 13:06:04 GMT

Ihave only been working with my HB for a few weeks but the coding appears
pretty easy.  I'll be happy to help/teach you C. Which ports are the motors
and touch sensor connected to.

Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 23:39:36 +0100
From: Randy Eaton <defreese@gate.net>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: clueless programmer

First time I have wrote to the list hope it goes well...

To be honest I don't have a clue on how to program in 'C' or any thing • else for that matter.
But I'm slowly learning. I want to write a program similar to that of the • Tutebot from
the "Mobile Robots" book. I have the Legobug and the Handyboard all wired • together, but the
programing is the tough part. The program :I think it's a simple one: • should cruise around until a
touch sensor is tripped then stop, back up w/ one wheel, and then continue • on the forward path.
Any help would be great couldn't find much off the puter.

Thanks,
RANDY EATON

William F. Conroy III                       conroyw@acm.org
Lt Col, USAF