 Robotics / Handy Board / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
Using cheap RC chasis as 'bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 14:32:13 GMT

Hello All,

Concerning the thread of RC chasis with the handyboard, I've done that
(albeit with the 6.270 board) and found that it was not that tough. I
was fortunate to find a decent RC van setup for only $20. It was some
time past Xmas of last year and it was the last one and did not have
a battery cover. The RadShack hombre just wanted it gone, so I said if
he found me a cover, I'd buy it. He ordered one and I picked it up just
days later. Don't ask me why he just didn't do it and sell it full price,
but hey... some things you should just be thankful about.

I removed the RC parts and easily interfaced the 6.270 board to it. For my
purposes and schedule at the time, I found it all worked out well.

autonomously yours,
Ed R.