 Robotics / Handy Board / 2170
2169  |  2171
Subject:
Strange HB problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 06:22:15 GMT

Over the past two days I have had two problems with my HB that I can't
explain.  Maybe you you can help.

1.  I wrote a simple program to test out my motors that consists of the
motor, sleep, and beep commands.  Once in a while I get an error back while
its runing saying "stack overflow 22 bytes" or something like that.  I have
no idea why it does this but it only seems to do it with programs that
control the motor.

2.  This problem really threw me!  I was testing software to run the
Poloroid sonar system and once in a while the board would reset.  I thought
that it was because the sonar was powered off the HB power supply so I
connected a 470uF cap accross the leads but that didn't cure it.  Here is
the strange part.  I had the equipment on my desk and while I was sitting
in the chair, it worked fine.  As soon as I stood up it would reset!  The
only thing that I can think of is static buildup but the chir doesn't touch
the desk and the desk is well insolated (sp).

I hope that someone can help.  Thanks.

Keith

Keith Soldavin
kas219@email.psu.edu