 Robotics / Handy Board / 2158
2157  |  2159
Subject:
Reading floating point numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 15 May 1997 14:15:00 GMT

My problem is that I need to read in a floating point number through the
serial port.  I tried using the serial_getchar function to read in the
number
as an int, then convert it to a float, but that was unsuccessful.  I
also
tried altering the serial_getchar funtion to read in the number as a
char and
then convert it, but that also did not work.  Does anyone know of
another
function or a way to alter the serial_getchar function to read in
floats?
Thanks.

Clint Baggerman