 Robotics / Handy Board / 2145
Re: my fire-fighting robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 10:25:16 GMT

Hi Fred,

    I saw your LEGO robot picture that you put up. I am interrested
    on track threads on the robot. Could you tell how to get a hand
    on ones ?  I do no think they are LEGO parts, are they ?
    They seem to be quite long as well.

Thank you,
-Pandit

----------
From: Fred G Martin <fredm@media.mit.edu>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: my fire-fighting robot
Date: Monday, May 12, 1997 11:07 PM

if anyone is interested, the robot entered by my team (steve ocko, brian
silverman, and myself) is pictured at

http://fredm.www.media.mit.edu/people/fredm/projects/tcrobot/disk2/01.jpg

steve did the lego design, we all came up with the overall strategy, and
i did the programming this year.   it's really a two-year design; last
year's robot looked quite different, but this year's is the • implementation
of the concept we came up with last year.  if that made sense.

-fred