 Robotics / Handy Board / 2129
Re: Problem in program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 15:22:00 GMT

Terry Gathright wrote:

Terry
I copied your program and am having the same problem with the printing
to the LCD.
I was wondering if you fixed the problem and if you could send me your
corrected code?  I can't write code verry well yet but can follow
instructions.

Terry,
Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat on writing that code. But, thanks
to everyone's help, I've been learning.

Chris Hackett and Pandit Panburana had a good tip on fixing the problem
with getting the printf message to LCD consistently. The problem was
doing the printf in the "if (digital (15))" as opposed to running the
printf right after "while (digital (15))".
Try this:

while (digital (15))
  bk(2);
  printf ("Left object   detected\n");

(And the same for the right sensor.)

This way, the printf statement goes to the display right away and every
time. I'm still playing with this though...there's a minor problem
where, before either input  is triggered, both printf statements are
trying to showup at the sametime though the motor ports are not
triggered.

Chris Hackett has pointed me in another direction using variables and
separate processes. So far, I've been less successful with that pgrm,
but I'm still working on it.
I'll keep you posted.
Terry King.
Terry.King@fmr.com