 Robotics / Handy Board / 2033
2032  |  2034
Subject:
Question on Kent Farnsworth's IR routine?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 00:37:46 GMT

On the Handyboard software archive, Kent has the following
port definitions in the file HB2_EQ.ASM:

* equates for Sharp IR sensors -- start at port 4
IR_MASK_ZERO    EQU     %00000100
IR_ADDR_ZERO    EQU     $1000   /* port A */

IR_MASK_ONE     EQU     %00100000
IR_ADDR_ONE     EQU     $7f00   /* Handy Board */

IR_MASK_TWO     EQU     %01000000
IR_ADDR_TWO     EQU     $7f00   /* Handy Board */

IR_MASK_THREE   EQU     %10000000
IR_ADDR_THREE   EQU     $7f00   /* Handy Board */

Mask/addr zero is not a problem. But, just what digital ports do
the others map to? The definition says start at port 4. But, looking
at the HB schematics, only mask/addr one seems to map to a digital
port (#9). Mask/addr two seems to map to the STOP switch, and mask/addr
three seems to map to the START switch. Did I read the port bits in the
schematics in reverse order?

Thanks in advance.

Jun Nolasco
nolasco@inx.net

P.S.    Does anyone have a routine for the HB which performs serial
output on any of the free output bits?

Also, does anyone know where I can get inexpensive RS-232 radio
transceivers which I can use to perform PC <---> HB comm links?
Short range (100-200 feet) devices will do.