 Robotics / Handy Board / 2024
Re: More Power
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 22:27:31 GMT

Since we're on the topic, I would vote for the Hitachi SH series of
32-bit
RISC microcontrollers. For $99, you can get an evaluation board with 64K
of RAM
(with sockets for up to 256K and other provision for further
expansion),  and the
full GNU C/C++ toolset. Not bad at all for the price. See
WWW.HITACHI.COM for
more details.

Randy Sargent wrote:

If you're looking to move up in speed and functionality, let me recommend a
real 32-bit embedded processor, like the Motorola 68332.  They're not
expensive, and they have some quite amazing features.