 Robotics / Handy Board / 200
  Driving large motors with the Handyboard

Hi. I'm kinda new at this. I was wondering if anyone can help me answer this question. If I wish to drive large motors with a Handyboard, I understand that I have to use an h-bridge. Will I need to know anything about PWM before attempting this (...) (29 years ago, 23-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Driving large motors with the Handyboard

There are several ways to do this. In Mobile Robots, they talk about H bridge circuits. If you are doing less than 2A use a L298 and some some clamping diodes ( these keep the driver chip from being fried when you turn the motor off). The L298 has 2 (...) (29 years ago, 23-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)