 Robotics / Handy Board / 201
Re: Driving large motors with the Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 1996 20:49:49 GMT

There are several ways to do this.  In Mobile Robots, they talk about H
bridge circuits.  If you are doing less than 2A use a L298 and some some
clamping diodes ( these keep the driver chip from being fried when you
turn the motor off).

The L298 has 2 2A H bridge drivers on it.

For up to 5A, Bell and Glenn sells a set for driver transistors for ???.
You still have to add diodes, decoding logic, and drive logic.

5A + , you will need some heavy duty Mosfets most likely, some drive
stuff, etc, clamping diodes... Or what about relays, and forget the PWM here