 Robotics / Handy Board / 1947
    line following —Rajesh Gottlieb
   Hey all, I'm looking for some ideas on sensors and algorithms for a line following robot (black tape on white floor). If any of you have had some luck at this or know where I can find some info please let me know. Thanks Rajesh (27 years ago, 15-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: line following —Chris Moore
     (...) He have (had?) some robots here at work that were used in the production areas, and they followed a line on the floor. I've not studied them carefully, but I think they work something like this: Two reflective photosensors are aimed at the (...) (27 years ago, 16-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: line following —rabbit
     (...) I did something like this in an early computer engineering course. The requirements are exactly the same ie. follow a black line. What Chris said is a good start but you should also consider the case when the turn is too sharp; In this case (...) (27 years ago, 16-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: line following —Karl Altenburg
   (...) This one's pretty easy. Two IR detector/emitter pairs along the bottom, midline of the robot (say, about 1cm or less off the floor). The algorithm is to keep both detectors over the black tape (i.e. a low reflectance reading); if the right one (...) (27 years ago, 16-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)