 Robotics / Handy Board / 191
Re: Servos w/ the handyboard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:16:00 GMT

Hi, has anyone written a servo control routine or library for the
handy board in interactive C?

It strikes me as pretty simple, just use the ISR to handle the timing
of the pulses kinda like PWM with the mini board but I could save a
bit of time if someone has already written it.

Yes.  Just use the "servo.icb" and "servo.c" libraries that are
distributed with Interactive C.  This will convert the Handy Board's
digital input 9 sensor (which is really a bidirectional counter/timer
pin) into a stable servo control line.

You can get the servo power from the Handy Board's regulated +5v
supply, though this isn't the best solution (the regulator will get
mighty warm).  Taking a tap from the +6v point inside the Handy
Board's AA battery pack should work nicely.

        -Fred