 Robotics / Handy Board / 1848
  Re: LCD Panel Substitute

Bill Conroy wrote: I am having an extremely difficult time finding a source for the Hitachi 16x2 LCD panel. I am wondering what an appropriate substitute would be. I am looking at the following part from page 53 of the Mouser Electronics Purchasing (...) (28 years ago, 17-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  LCD Panel Substitute

I am having an extremely difficult time finding a source for the Hitachi 16x2 LCD panel. I am wondering what an appropriate substitute would be. I am looking at the following part from page 53 of the Mouser Electronics Purchasing Manual #58: Mouser (...) (27 years ago, 2-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LCD Panel Substitute

Any 16x2 LCD with a Hitachi HD44780 controller chip will work. I got mine from wirz electronics at www.wirz.com (go to serial lcd displays and they sell the LCD separate for $8 bucks!) There are lots of displays that use (...) (27 years ago, 4-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)