 Robotics / Handy Board / 1852
Re: LCD Panel Substitute
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:23:29 GMT

Bill Conroy wrote:

  I am having an extremely difficult time finding a source for the
  Hitachi
  16x2 LCD panel.  I am wondering what an appropriate substitute would
  be.  I
  am looking at the following part from page 53 of the Mouser
  Electronics
  Purchasing Manual #58:

  Mouser                  Module
  Stock #         Size
  592-RCM2037R            80.0 x 38.0

  I am hoping someone is willing to look at this part's specifications
  give me an idea whether this is an appropriate replacement LCD
  panel.
  Unfortunately my background is mechanical, not electrical
  engineering and I
  am not sure if this is an appropriate pin for pin replacement.  Any
  help
  would be appreciated.

  If anyone has a different part number and source for replacement LCD
  that
  would also be appreciated.

  William F. Conroy III                       conroyw@acm.org
  Lt Col, USAF

It would be a substitute if Mouser didn't discontinue the part.

--
Peter Eacmen
Boston Latin School