 Robotics / Handy Board / 183
182  |  184
Subject:
speed control encapsulation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 17:49:39 GMT

Well if you believe in encapsulation it should be 0 to 100.0 %, then the
implementation of the motor speed control could give its best effort in
that regard.

This is the reason I remember for encapsulating the value.  It wouldn't be
hard to implement new speed control for the 6811 either which could do
better than 9 divisions.

One option is to leave the encapuslated interface, but make more available
a lower-level access for folks who want to know and make use of information
about what the actual resolution is.  One problem is that as soon as we
make that layer available, we'll break code if we ever improve the speed
control routines.

-- Randy