 Robotics / Handy Board / 1782
  IR for bots

Hello everyone, My thinking (albeit limited), has been that simply driving an IR LED with ac (ie:40Khz) as opposed to static dc, is enough to discriminate it from other frequencies like 60 Hz. or whatever. Then, when the detector picks up sufficient (...) (28 years ago, 20-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR for bots

(...) Our robot worked well with a dual 555 timer. 38KHz for the IR and combined with a 500 Hz square wave. When the square wave was high, 38K was on, making it a 50% duty cycle transmission. As I understand the receiver circuitry, it was tuned to (...) (27 years ago, 28-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR for bots

(...) If you don't modulate the signal you run the risk of having another 40kHz signal (a.k.a. remoth control) trigger the reciever. If you modulate it and look only for you modulation code, then the chances of a stray signal are minimal. I have (...) (27 years ago, 28-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)