 Robotics / Handy Board / 1749
Re: Re:Re:System time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 12:11:43 GMT

Hi Joe,

    I kind of guess that this result will come up as I mentioned
    that I do not fully understand the intention of the program.

    I would suggest that you put sleep(onemilisec); in the
    time keeping process it self  in side the while(1) loop for
    the process and see.  Then you can start the process with
    out the need to specify the time.

Regards,
-Pandit

----------
From: Joe Martin <joema@mpx.com.au>
To: 'handyboard@media.mit.edu'
Subject: Re:Re:System time
Date: Saturday, March 22, 1997 5:47 PM

Pandit,
It turns out that we where both wrong about your program.It does not work
because the time over which d adds 1 to itself is not defined the program
does not count at a rate of one unit per millisecond.I have in fact found
that it will at least go from 10 to 10000 inside the space of
1millisecond.In my program starting the process and defining the length of
time over which it runs I think should cause it to count one unit  per
millisecond.i.e

start_process(time(d),1,10);

In the above the first number following the process name(time(d)is a 1 this
defines the length of time that the process runs for.The second number 10
defines the stack size.See page 29 in my Handy Board Manual.
Joe Martin
joema@mpx.com.au