 Robotics / Handy Board / 172
171  |  173
Subject:
unarchiving problems w/IC 3.1 for Win 95
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 18:44:47 GMT

I just tried unarchiving IC 3.1 on my 486 at home, running Win 3.1,
and Win 32s 1.25.141.0 (or so the win32s.ini file says).  I'm having the
same problem I had before, where all of the files have an "Inflating: ...."
message in front of them.  My guess is that the unarchiving program isn't
correctly handling the files under Win 3.1, or file manager is doing
something to them.  If I try to use a DOS shell, the ic self extracting
archive complains that it can't be run in DOS mode.  (This is the same
message I get if I try to execute it while not running windoes at all.)

I tried to use pkunzip to unarchive the IC file, but it fails on the
first libs file, complaining of a bad CRC.  It would be extremely helpful if
IC for Windows were distributed in .zip format, since that would allow me to
get rid of the problems associated with unarchiving the program, and then
see if it will actually run in Win 3.1 without giving me strange memory
errors and not starting at all.