 Robotics / Handy Board / 1646
    non-linear motor speed problem —Peter Harrison
   I am using servos converted to plain gearmotors as the motive power for my baby bot. Finally I worked out how to add shaft encoders to them. (Found a small opto switch to poke through the inside of the case on the first gear). The servos I am using (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: non-linear motor speed problem —Fred G. Martin
     The test isn't fair under no-load conditions, because then the motor just spins when you give it any signal. Are you sure the performance is the same when you have a full operating load? This would not make sense; I would guess that this would mean (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: non-linear motor speed problem —Chuck McManis
   (...) Several reasons. Understand that PWM has the effect of controlling the amount of power fed to the motor, power is related to current in a quadratic (p = i^2r), and your current is related to the voltage applied and the motor parameters (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)