 Robotics / Handy Board / 1646
  non-linear motor speed problem

I am using servos converted to plain gearmotors as the motive power for my baby bot. Finally I worked out how to add shaft encoders to them. (Found a small opto switch to poke through the inside of the case on the first gear). The servos I am using (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: non-linear motor speed problem

The test isn't fair under no-load conditions, because then the motor just spins when you give it any signal. Are you sure the performance is the same when you have a full operating load? This would not make sense; I would guess that this would mean (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: non-linear motor speed problem

(...) Several reasons. Understand that PWM has the effect of controlling the amount of power fed to the motor, power is related to current in a quadratic (p = i^2r), and your current is related to the voltage applied and the motor parameters (...) (28 years ago, 11-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)