 Robotics / Handy Board / 1602
  Re: Re[2]: phone cord length

(...) No, the MAX232 chip on the charger board converts from 12V RS232 coming out of the serial port to TTL level RS232. What goes down the line to the Handyboard is 5V RS232, which goes straight into the HC11 and at only 5V levels is more (...) (28 years ago, 4-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Re[2]: phone cord length

Speaking of noisy lines, I was thinking of getting one of those telephone cords that's coiled helix-like to colapse the wire. Now that we're discussing this topic, I am wondering if this cord would effect the electronics. The thought came up to me (...) (28 years ago, 5-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Re[2]: phone cord length

Don't those tend to have swapped conductors too? I thought that the receiver cords were slightly different from the other cords. You might have to crimp new connectors on the end. -Jeremy (...) ___...___ Jeremy Green jag@world.std.com (...) (28 years ago, 5-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)