 Robotics / Handy Board / 1590
    Re: Re[2]: IR Collision avoidance —Adam
   Richard, I've tried the op-amp method and had some success. I just don't know how I would power the -5V via the HB. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks. (...) (28 years ago, 3-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Collision avoidance —Chuck McManis
   (...) The Sharp IR modules are not being used to detect distance, they are being used simply as non-contact bumpers. This allows one to inexpensively put an arbitrarily long 'whisker' on your robot. The advantage to these things are that they are (...) (28 years ago, 3-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: IR Collision avoidance —Bill Richman
   The part number on the device from Radio Shack is "GP1U52X". In our earlier discussions, I thought I made it clear that I was using "the Radio Shack IR detector module", although I may not have quoted the number. If Sharp makes a module without the (...) (28 years ago, 4-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)