 Robotics / Handy Board / 1576
Re: IR collision avoidance
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 08:26:36 GMT

Riachard,

Could you please explain to me how the IR emitter angled at
45 degrees is able to pick up its beem.  I'm unsure of the
IR emmission dynamics.  Wouldn't an IR angled perpidicular
to the wall being travelled along suffice as the only sensor?
Is the 45 degree angled IR pickup on the upcoming walls?

It sounds like a good system.  I'd like to learn more on how
it works.  Please explain the dynamics in more detail.

Thank you.