 Robotics / Handy Board / 1528
    (no subject) —lylehaze
   I had considered doing -100 to 100 PWM in hardware. I even went so far as to draw up the schematics for it... Then I read the HC11 manual, and realized that instead of my "little" circuit, I could just use another HC11.. The internal timer/counters (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Motor Speeds —Richard Vannoy
   (...) Now this is starting to make sense. We use -100 to +100, but it does seem silly to have a resolution of 201. Much more logical that the routine converts to steps of lesser resolution, and 7 speeds certainly seem reasonable. (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Motor Speeds —Chuck McManis
   (...) When I built the PWM controller out of a PIC I gave it 100 speeds representing 0 - 100% width. So a speed of 50 is a 50% duty cycle signaal. The disadvantage of the Handiboard scheme is granularity. In particular I have found that for really (...) (28 years ago, 25-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)