 Robotics / Handy Board / 1520
    motor voltages —Dostald
   Hello again, Thanks to all who responded to my query regarding motor chips on the Mini Board. Now that I have the more capable motor drivers installed, I want to lower the voltage that my motors see. They are getting straight 9V from the motor chips (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: motor voltages —Matt Harlan
   I (...) Use a couple power diodes in series with the motor power supply, _NOT_ the motor itself. You'll need pretty heafty diodes if you go this route. A typical Si diode drops between 0.6 and 0.7 volts when forward biased. String a few together and (...) (28 years ago, 23-Feb-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)