 Robotics / Handy Board / 1515
Re: Digit outputs....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 06:00:51 GMT

Rather than trying to figure out the hex for the bits, I use the IC binaray
number format, "0b".  I set the bits using a binary mask, for example, to
set the MOSI pin high, I use:

bit_set(0x1008, 0b00001000)

then to set the MOSI pin low, I use:

bit_clear(0x1008, 0b00001000)

The location of the 1's in the mask indicate the bits to be set or cleared.
There is a pretty good explanation of this in the HandyBoard Manual.
Hope it helps,
Mike Degon

I've tried to program the digital outputs from the SPI
header J6 on the HB with no success.  I pump the values
into the HB as per instruction form the FAQ note and measure
the 4 outputs.  No high/low, just some sort of oscillation.

What could be my mistake.... I do a poke(0x1009, 0x3c) to
make them outputs (as per instruction) then, poke(0x1008, 0x??)
Give examples of what you might stick here.
It states in the FAQ notes that.....

bit     J6 pin
5         SS
4        SCK
3       MOSI
2       MISO

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Adam B. Cox                          check out my web page
Computer Engineer               http://www.zenox.com/~adam
Zenox Communications Corp.      vmail: 416-241-7000 (x224)