 Robotics / Handy Board / 149
Re: Occasional Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 13:42:19 GMT

You may be doing this from a DOS window in a Windows 95 environment. If you
have your network applications running in the background and if there is
large data transfer in the background (in my case NETSCAPE updating certain
screens automatically, the processor loses synchronization. In this case I
shut down all other communication oriented applications, mail, netscape,
etc., and it seems to help.

Sometimes it is best to start the machine in the MS DOS mode and this has
always worked for me.

Better yet, use the hbdl for Windows 95 recently put out in the Handyboard
homepage. This works fine from Windows 95.

Ram

I have a problem, which is more an inconvienve.  At first my HB does not
load IC correctly.  But after five or so repeats of the below procedure, it
works like it should:

dl pcode_hb.s19
Everything is OK here.
ic
Below is reported:
Attempting to link to board on port com2.
Synchronizing with board
Pcode Version 2.81 present on board
Board not responding
Synchronizing with board
Board sync error:  looking for prompt, got 11
Synchronizing with board
Initializing Interupts
Synchronizing with board
Board sync error:  looking for prompt, got 11
Synchronizing with board
   Now I press Enter
Downloading 1245 bytes( addresses 8000-84DC):  1245 loaded
Board sync error:  looking for prompt, got 11
Synchronizing with board
   Press Enter Again.
Globals initialized
Type 'help' for help
c>

As I mentioned above, that if I do this process around five or so times, IC • will go straight through with no problems.  Thanx for any suggestions.

Will

--KAA01248.826565356/longs.lance.colostate.edu--

Ramasubramanian
Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
North Carolina State University
Box 7910
Raleigh, NC 27695-7910

(919)515-5268